Chocolate Kaju Katli is very tasty and is very easy to prepare. Let’s see the step by step preparation process of Chocolate Kaju Katli.
Ingredients necessary for the preparation of Chocolate Kaju Katli:
- 21/4 cups of Cashew nuts
- One cup Sugar
- 100 ml Water
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate
Preparation of Chocolate Kaju Katli:
- First, grind the cashew nuts in a blender to make a fine powder.
- Take a pan, and add sugar and water to it. Place it on medium heat and bring it to boil.
- Once the sugar has dissolved completely, turn the heat down and allow the mixture to boil for a few minutes till it reaches a one-string consistency.
- To test if it has reached the right consistency, transfer a few drops of the syrup on a clean plate, allow it to cool for 15-20 seconds and test it for the formation of a single thread between your thumb and index finger.
- If the syrup has reached single thread consistency, transfer the ground cashew nut powder into the syrup and stir continuously for 4-5 minutes. The mix will gradually turn into a thick paste.
- Take the mixture off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature. As soon as the mix cools down slightly, grease your palms with a dash of ghee and start kneading the mix. Knead till it is smooth, uniform and like a dough.
- Next, spread a sheet of butter paper on the countertop. Place the dough on it and roll the dough out with a rolling pin to a thickness of 5-6 mm, evenly.
- Place a saucepan with water on the heat. Place a heatproof bowl over it and melt the chocolate. The heat generated in the boiling water beneath will melt the chocolate gradually. Ensure that the boiling water does not touch the heatproof bowl.
- When the chocolate has melted properly, pour it over the rolled Kaju katli dough and spread it evenly with the help of a spatula.
- Allow it to cool for some time and then transfer it to a surface and refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes.
- When the chocolate has set, you can cut the chocolate Kaju katlis by making intersecting diagonal lines, so they form the trademark diamond shapes.