Badam milk is delicately flavored with cardamom, optional kewra essence (an extract distilled from the flower of the pandanus plant that is popular in Asian cooking), and nuts to make a refreshing beverage. Sometimes called badam pal, the drink is not only tasty but, thanks to the mix of nuts, it packs a mighty nutritious punch as well.
Ingredients necessary for the preparation of Badam Milk:
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1 Cup Pistachios
- 3 Cups Almond milk (chilled or warm)
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar (or to taste)
- 2/3 Teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 2 Teaspoons rose water
Preparation of Badam Milk:
- Grind together the almonds, pistachios, and 1/4 cup almond milk to a smooth paste in a food processor.
- Add the remaining 2 3/4 cups almond milk, sugar, cardamom powder, blend well.
- Serve chilled in a tall glass.
- If you prefer to serve it warm, heat it gently in a saucepan and pour into a heatproof glass or mug to serve.
- For added color, the finished drink can be garnished with optional saffron strands and chopped pistachios.