Chilli chicken is a popular Indo-Chinese dish of chicken In India, this may include a variety of dry chicken preparations. Though mainly boneless chicken is used in this dish, some people also recommend using boned chicken too.
Ingredients necessary for preparation of Chilli Chicken:
- 400 gms Boneless chicken
- 1 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 4 tsp Cornflour
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Egg
- 3 tsp Soy sauce
- 3 tsp Red chili sauce
- 8-10 Garlic, chopped
- 8-10 Green chilies
- 2 tsp Green chili sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Onion, chopped
- Capsicum, chopped
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
Preparation of Chilli Chicken :
- Take the chicken in a bowl, add salt, cornflour, black pepper, egg, soy sauce, and red chili sauce.
- Marinate the boneless chicken pieces (one-inch cubes) in 1 tablespoon. Soya sauce, salt, egg and 1 tablespoon cornflour for ten minutes
- After the marination, take out the chicken pieces and deep fry in a pan. Deep fry the chicken until golden brown.
- Now, in another pan put chopped garlic and green chilies. Stir them well.
- Add the fried chicken to the pan, followed by soy sauce, green chili sauce, vinegar, onion, capsicum, black pepper, and salt.
- Add rest of cornflour, after dissolving it in water. Stir constantly.
- Mix all of these together.
- Serve hot.