Watermelon Lychee Granita- Relish the refreshing flavors of watermelon and lychee swirling in this icy cool granita – perfect to beat that scorching summer heat. Sip and enjoy!
Ingredients necessary for preparation of Watermelon Lychee Granita:
- 1/2 cup cubed watermelon
- 7-8 lychee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger
Preparation of Watermelon Lychee Granita:
- Pit lychees and discard the seeds.
- In a blender, put mint leaves, ginger, and sugar. Pulse once to release flavors.
- Now add 1/2 cup of cubed watermelon, lemon juice, and lychee.
- Blend to a smooth puree and transfer to a bowl.
- Blend the remaining watermelon to a smooth puree and combine this with the previous mixture, mix well.
- Pour this mixture into a sturdy freezer-safe container. Freeze till set.
- Once frozen, use a fork and start raking the mixture from the sides first. Proceed to the center eventually.
- Put it back in the freezer once the entire mass is raked up.
- After 2 hours, remove and repeat the raking process. Freeze till ready to serve.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves.