Chawal Ki Kheer is a sweet from the Bengal region of the Indian subcontinent. It is not only a sweet, it is also used as main ingredient of many other sweets.
Ingredients necessary for preparation of Chawal Ki Kheer:
- 1/4 Cup Basmati Rice
- 6 Cups Milk
- 3/4 Cup Condensed Milk
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamom powder
- 10 Gram Almonds (slivered)
- 20 Gram Slivered Almonds For garnishing
- 30 Gram Pistachio nuts (whole) For garnishing
Preparation of Kheer:
- Pick, wash and soak rice for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the rice again and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, boil milk add the drained and rinsed rice.
- Simmer it for 20 to 25 minutes, stir continuously. Add condensed milk.
- Mix well. .
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and slivered almonds. Mix thoroughly.
- Serve hot or chilled garnished with slivered almonds and roasted whole pistachio nuts.
For more recipes subscribe our blog