Madata Khaja is an Indian dessert and Nepali sweet The batter is prepared from wheat flour, maida and oil. It is then deep fried until crisp. Then a sugar syrup is made which is known as “Paga”.
Ingredients necessary for preparation of Madata Khaja :
- 300 gms maida
- 15 gms baking powder
- 45 ml ghee
- 45 ml milk
- as required salt
- as required water
- for deep frying oil
- 500 ml sugar syrup
Preparation of Madata Khaja :
- Combine, flour baking powder, salt and ghee, rubbing the ghee in by short crust method to form a crumb sort of texture, use water as required lightly, and knead into a stiff dough like a biscuit.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out and divide the dough in 12 small round balls.
- Further divide each dough in to 3 parts.
- Now roll out each small dough like a puri, apply ghee and stack the three puris one top of another.
- Roll out the stacks like a kathi roll, cut in to two and flatten.
- Once flattened , they are ready to be fried in oil till golden.
- Immerse the fried madata’s in the sugar syrup, sprinkle cardamom powder.
- Take out of sugar syrup, allow to dry and store in air tight containers.
For more recipes subscribe our Blog