Ragi dosa is a breakfast food of the state of Karnataka, India. It is most popular in the rural areas of southern Karnataka. It is made of ragi (finger millet) flour.
Ingredients necessary for the preparation of Ragi Dosa:
- 2 Cups Ragi flour
- 1/2 Cup Rice flour
- 1/2 Cup Sour curds
- 3-4 Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Coriander, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Onions, finely chopped
- To taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
Preparation of Ragi Dosa:
- Mix the ragi flour, rice flour, curd, salt, coriander leaves, green chilies and onions. Add sufficient water to form a batter of pouring consistency, set aside for 2 hours.
- Heat the oil and add all the ingredients for tempering. When the mustard seeds crackle, add to the batter.
- Heat the nonstick pan and grease it lightly with oil. When hot, pour a ladleful of the batter, spread using a circular motion to make a thin dosa and cook on one side.
- add a little oil along the edges while cooking. When crispy fold over and serve hot
For more recipes subscribe to our blog