Aloo Paratha is a bread dish originating from the Indian subcontinent; the recipe is one of the most popular breakfast dishes throughout western, central and northern regions of India as well as in Pakistan.
Ingredients necessary for preparation of Aloo Paratha:
- 7 mashed, boiled, peeled potato
- 1 handful chopped coriander leaves
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chaat masala
- 4 finely chopped green chilli
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered black pepper
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon red chilli
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala powder
- For Dough
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup water
Preparation of Aloo Paratha:
- Boil the potatoes and mash them in a large bowl.
- In the potatoes, add chopped onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, salt, garam masala powder, chaat masala and mix well
- Put wheat flour in a large mixing bowl. Add water gradually and knead into a soft dough. Make small-medium balls of the dough and roll them out into 3 to 4-inch circles.
- Add potato filling in the centre. Gradually press the rolling pin on all sides while making the parathas.
- Be very careful to apply pressure evenly. It is very important to ensure that your potato mixture is mashed well and not lumpy or you will never be able to make perfect parathas.
Seal the dough and round it with your fingers. Now roll them with a rolling pin into round parathas. Apply the pressure very evenly and gently on all sides.
- Press very lightly so that the mixture does not come out. Heat a girdle and roast the parathas, cooking them on both the sides with a spoonful of butter.
- Serve piping hot with chilled yoghurt or pickle.
For more recipes subscribe to our blog