Baked Mushroom and Lentils Fritters – mouth watering fritters with the goodness of masoor dal and mushrooms. These lovely fritters are baked, not fried.
Ingredients necessary for preparation of Baked Mushroom and Lentils Fritters :
- 1/2 cup masoor daal
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cube vegetable bouillon (broth)/water
- 100 gm white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup oats
- Mixed dried herbs and spices (oregano, parsley, thyme, red chilli flakes)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp red wine
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 egg (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation of Baked Mushroom and Lentils Fritters :
- Rinse the daal and add to a pan with 1 cup of water.
- To the pan add the bouillon and bay leaf. Bring the water to boil, then lower the flame, and let it simmer for 10-12 minutes. The daal needs to become soft but not completely done.
- Remove from the heat, drain, and let it cool for a few minutes.
- In a food processor, add the cooked daal, mushrooms, oats, and spices. Pulse, until the mixture is semi-coarse.
- In a pan saute the onions and garlic.
- Add the pulsed mushroom-daal-oats mixture and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the red wine (brings out deep flavours), soy sauce, and salt and pepper. Mix to form a consistent mixture.
- Now is the turn to make the fritters. Add whisked egg into the mix to help binding while baking. This is optional and vegetarians can bake without the egg
- Make fritters out of the mixture and bake in full temperature (250 C) in a well pre-heated oven for about 25 – 30 minutes or until the fritters become crisp on the outside.
- Serve with ranch/mayo dip.
For more recipes subscribe to our blog